In the past 6 weeks, I have:
1. Eaten e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g in my path
2. Had at least 30 bottles of wine
3. Not been to the gym (until this week) since April 26th
4. Pretty much been fat and lazy
But Monday always comes. And I have a beach vacation in July. And I feel like I weigh a thousand pounds (actually I'm probably not far off right now).
So....starting this past Monday I am back FULL FORCE with Atkins, the gym, and water only. I am pleasantly surprised that my headache has been quite minimal in comparison to previous "getting back on the wagon" headaches. I guess my body was ready for no carbs, no sugar, no caffeine, more exercise. It's only Thursday and I feel and look like I have lost at least five pounds. Of course, most of that 'weight' is probably toxins being released, but a girl can still be happy, right?
I've decided that I am not weighing myself anytime soon. Mostly because I don't want to be disappointed in myself even more than I already am. I mean, at least I'm back in the diet game, but letting oneself go for 6 weeks really takes a toll. I'm a bit ashamed.
Monday night Cheryl and I walked approximately 3ish miles around her neighborhood. We got a chance to catch each other up on the happenings in our lives. I had gotten so used to meeting her Monday nights at the gym where we would work out for a couple of hours and then have dinner together.....Tuesday nights we would meet for Yoga. We haven't done either since the tornado. There are, however, Yoga plans for next Tuesday :)
Last night I went to my new gym. I know I've said it before, but this place is sketchy. It's really small so everybody is on top of each other...not my ideal place, but at least I can get on the treadmill. I mean, the place is clean - maybe one of the cleanest gyms I've ever been in - but it's in a warehouse....kinda in the woods. No good stories ever begin with "Well, I was in a warehouse gym in the middle of the woods..." Hopefully Planet Fitness will be up and running again soon. I've heard rumors about PF moving into the old Circuit City building or the old Home Accents building in Northport. Moving into the old HA building would be a big win for me as it's closer to my house and very close to the Publix that I frequent.
In other news, have you ever read a person's blog and/or facebook status and thought either a) Oh just shut the hell up, or b) Yeah right...your life is not that great and actually you sound really insecure. Just to ease any paranoia, if you're on my "People I Stalk" list, I'm not talking about you.
Well, it's time to do a little Mennonite reading as Kim has posted discussion questions and I don't want to be the last person answering.
5 comments:
I love you and I'm glad you're started blogging again.
Please be careful at the sketchy gym. That story kinda sounds like a rape van one!
I love you too, Jenny. I'm glad to be back in the blogging world...I've missed it a bit :)
Post weight online for all to see? hmmmm. I don't know whether this would be great motivation or the path leading to me doing something tacky.
I can't post a comment on the book blog. Did you ever have issues with this?
You better blog more, I am running out of things to read.
Rita: I've never had a problem with that but I think Kim has.....will look into it!
Oh! Have I read someone's blog and felt they weren't being completely honest......? Let me see.......yep.
You better not be talking about me.
Post a Comment