So, when someone says, "hey, do you want to come spend a weekend in the woods with me and a few friends", what do you picture? I pictured a Little House on the Prairie cabin with cold water and the boogie man out back. In reality, CDP apparently married up because this was a pretty awesome "cabin". I only took four pictures the entire weekend.....three from the back porch and one featuring CDP in the kitchen and Kim hiding behind a chair:
I'm pretty sure I haven't laughed that hard/that much in a really long time. And clearly the "Divine Powers that Be" knew I needed to relax because I managed to smoke probably 2 packs of Marlboro light 100s in a box without getting nauseated (I left the cigs and haven't smoked since Sunday....haven't even craved one). I'm not sure how much alcohol I consumed, but I know there were at least 5 bottles of wine, three cases of Corona, a bottle of Vodka and some frozen premixed margaritas. I don't think I had a sip of anything that didn't contain alcohol from Thursday night until Monday morning.
After this trip I remember why I liked Rita so much during college...Rita cracks me up, is a GREAT listener, an awesome conversationalist, and maybe the best mother I know. No, I'm not in love with Rita all of a sudden so don't speculate..........although we did sleep in the same room after staying up until 6am both nights talking. Rita and I have not talked in probably 8 years except for the occasional e-mail and it was literally (for me, anyway) like no time had passed. We picked up right where we left off and I don't think either of us stopped talking/listening all weekend.
And then there was Kim. Now, Kim and I have been friends for 12 years....heck, we just took a week long road trip together....so what else could I have possibly learned from her during a weekend in the woods? Lots. I re-learned that I'm jealous of Kim's confidence and her ability to make people laugh.....and I'm envious of her attitude and swag. I mean, you gotta have swag to pull off a quilt jacket and tapered legged jeans. Kim is awesome...she's the kind of friend that will say "Ok, Sara-Beth, I'm done listening to you bitch right now so just shut up for a little while"......or "are you really going to wears those pants tonight?" She's also the friend who buys dinner, cake, ice cream, wine, junk food, flowers, and a little surprise just for a spontaneous birthday party with a few friends.....and then will wash the dishes before she leaves. That's why Kim is awesome.
Christy: Props to you for pulling off the weekend as planned. I still think you were a bit of a downer by going to be early, but you did have alot going on. I hope your weekend was as relaxing as ours. I agree with you about craving meat, vegetables and water because, let me tell you, I haven't been hungry since Sunday...that's how much food was consumed (by me, anyway). Thank you for allowing us to stay at your family's cabin. I had a great time.
When Rita, Kim and I got back to Birmingham, we decided we weren't ready for the weekend to be over. So...we went to see the new Pirates movie. Katie met us there...there was popcorn, candy, and caffeine. After the movie Katie had to go home, but Kim and I went to Rita's and ended up hanging out for a little while longer. Great weekend!!




8 comments:
You're going to have to edit this deleting the good mom comment.
Do you remember my WWJD/DHR quote?
In return to all of the completely unwarranted, flattering comments you said about me......ditto....except for the mom part.
I was being dead serious when I said we should meet up more often. I had the best time and would really like to not go another eight years without hearing mmmm hmmmmm.
hahahaha....I didn't want to include that quote for fear of your retaliation, but...........
Rita: Sometimes being a parent is not about "What Would Jesus Do", it's more like "What would DHR not bust me for"....
I'm glad you girls had such a great time. There's something special about old friends. I mean special in a nice way too.
BTW, Jack loves his car. Unfortunately is doesn't have an off button.
Approximately 3 times during the night I wake up to Lightning McQueen saying "domo arigato".
Also, remember that we had this kind of book club going on? Yeah, I'm done and ready to discuss.
I suck and haven't finished the book yet....I plan to by tomorrow. I kinda got a little stuck and bored...does it get better?
Um, not sure if better is the word to use. It's not terrible either.
I just acted like she was in the car with us and it was her turn to catch us up on her happenings.
I'm already impatiently waiting the next book selection.
i miss you girls!
Post a Comment