Remember this from a post last week?:
After my trip to the dentist my mother called (shocking, I know) to tell me that she and Mom Flowers would be in town on Friday and asked if I could meet for a birthday lunch for Mom. I told her all about my ears/TMJ and was bitching because it's costing $474.00. And guess what?? My mother offered to send me some money! This is a big deal. A really big deal. My parents have not given me any money since I was 15 and started working. They never bought a car, paid insurance, paid cell phone bill, clothes, make up, nothing...except for that two year stint of therapy. I used to be resentful that they never helped me out financially, but now I'm thankful as I have become quite an independent woman.
Anyway the conversation was weird and went something like this:
Me: The mouth guard is going to cost $474.00
Mama: Well do you need me to send you some money?
Me: (changing the subject)
Mama: It's okay to say you need help.
Me: Well, I don't really need help, but if you want to send an early Christmas present that'd be okay.
Mama: Okay, I'll put a check in the mail.
Well....today I got a "thank you" card in the mail from my parents. Here's what it said:
I was/am a little shocked---and thankful. There was a check for $250.00 inside the card. Maybe my mother is not so bad after all...
3 comments:
Call me whatever, but that actually, seriously, brought tears to my eyes.
I'll admit, I teared up too. Don't let my daddy write a card..I'll be crying for days...
that is awesome! parents do have a way to surprise us every now and then!
Post a Comment