Day 11 Update:
Diet Coke:
I haven't had any diet coke since the half can a few days ago. Headaches are completely gone......Cravings are still sorta there but not a huge deal. I tried some green tea that made me want to vomit. Don't do it. Just don't do it.
Exercise:
I still haven't missed a day at the gym so far this month. Today I slacked a little and only did 2 miles on the treadmill and no weights. Maybe I'll do better tomorrow.
Diet:
So far so good with the Atkins. Maybe I had a bite or two of Anna's apple cake, but not enough to get excited about.
In other news, is there anyone out there who actually likes to hear Paul sing? Or Haley, for that matter. Maybe you people don't watch American Idol, but if you do you know what I'm talking about. Paul is the one with the white/rose coat who's teeth are a bit too white and who dances like maybe he was a professional jump roper in a past life. Haley is the one with blond hair who growls at you the whole time. Gross. My boyfriend James seems to be doing quite well though.
I went to Ash Wednesday Mass last night. I was one of approximately 250 people at St. Francis. Like I said in an earlier blog, I'm not going crazy religious or anything, I just wanted to participate in a sacred day....I wore my ash cross proudly for the rest of the night :) Father told me to 'flee from sin and turn my heart to God'.
Since we're talking about Lent, I have been working on my Lenten sacrifices...giving up resentment/bitterness. I'm starting with the small things first. For those of you who don't know me, I'm not necessarily known for forgetting things....and perhaps I hold a grudge a bit too long (Ahem, ACB, anyone? Seriously though, that was not my alcohol). I guess I have always thought it was easier to forget than to forgive. Perhaps that's a problem when you have a pretty good memory.....in that case you just have to hope something bad happens and you suffer from a little post traumatic stress or something. PTS will usually do it....I don't remember most of 1992. But...that's a story we all already know and that dead horse has been beaten enough.
Let's talk about something a little more interesting for a moment.......hmm..... how about those gas prices?? These gas prices have gone from LOL to OMG to WTF. I drive a small two door car. Yes, it's a V6 and I curse myself everytime I go to the gas station for buying one of those. I also get irritated because my precious car only likes the expensive kind. Let me rephrase....my precious car only likes the MOST expensive kind.....they are ALL expensive right now. But, you know, that was my choice and my car is paid off so I have no intention of buying an environmentally friendly hybrid anytime soon.
And why don't all of you people who drive these big ass trucks and SUVs just shut up complaining about gas prices too! Really, single 23 year old guy....do you really need that huge gas guzzler just to look cool? You don't look cool. And really, mother of one infant child...do you really need that SUV that would comfortably seat the entire graduating class of Marengo Academy c. 1999? Really? I didn't think so. So stop bitching about how much it costs to fill up your vehicle.
Sometimes I wish I lived in a larger city where I could ride a bike to work.....not like a Lance Armstrong bike....more like a Mom Flowers bike with a big basket on the front to put my shit in. But in Northport, no one rides a bike around town....unless their car just broke down. And if I rode that bike to Publix to buy groceries, my Publix boyfriend who is a little special might try to steal it from me. And I don't want to go to jail for hurting a special kid over my Mom Flowers bike....and especially Joey...he's a pretty swift bagger.
Ok people, I have exactly 34 minutes before my bedtime and I still have to take off makeup and brush the teeth. Goodnight and God Bless. And for those of you who take offense to that...Goodnight and God Curse :)
No comments:
Post a Comment